Monday, January 25, 2010

RUBY ROCKS!

The fundraiser was an enormous success. A great deal of money was raised to help our family pay for all of the medical expenses for Ruby’s care. We are, simply put, awestruck by the kindness shown to us. There was more than one time during the event on Saturday when I had to hold back tears as I looked about and saw the bustling crowd of people all coming together for a little six month old baby.

Sometimes I think back to our experiences and ahead to the unknown and I feel so weighed down by Ruby’s condition. Then I sit back and realize that I’m not even the one who has to go through all of this horror. It’s my little girl who in her 6 months of life has had to endure more pain than I can imagine, and it isn’t over. But she is still able to smile, as so many of you thankfully got to see on Saturday. And it’s that immense outpouring of love that I witnessed that makes me smile too. That, and of course playing with my daughter each day.

Anyway, what I really want to say is THANK YOU! There are way too many people to thank by name. All of you who volunteered your time to make this event possible are truly good people, right down to your core. I also thank everyone who came and showed their support. I would give anything to rid Ruby of her health problems but I am so grateful that these past few months have shown me the amazing compassion and love that we are surrounded by. I can only hope that I will be able to show how much you all mean to me, because there are truly no words to express it. I hope all of you sleep a little better at night knowing you made the world of a difference to a family that has seen very little good these past months. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

A very happy Ruby thanks to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment