Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food Aversion

So while Dan and I were out for dinner last night we were talking about everything, as usual. And the subject of me being crazy about eating veggies came up. And I realized something that Ruby and I both have in common...food aversion.

Now clearly Ruby's got the rough end of the stick here but I can now fully understand what she's going through when she gags and wretches on liquid or food. I do the exact same thing when trying to eat vegetables. Seriosly if any, and I do mean ANY, veggie that's in it's original form tries to enter my mouth I gag. And while I love the flavor of veggies (I can drink them as vegetable juice or eat them if they are really soft and unrecognizable in a soup or something) I can not handle the texture.

This is how it's been for me since I can remember and it's incredibly embarrassing, especially when eating over at someone else's house. Oh yeah, and I don't eat meat so picture that!

Anyway I know this blog is about Rubes but I just found it oddly cool that I can commiserate with her on a level I didn't think I could. Perhaps over the years as she's working on overcoming her aversions I will work along side her to overcome mine :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment