Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cardio Update

Ruby had her first cardiology appointment in 6 months today!! That's the longest we've ever gone without a visit to them...it was a wonderful break. Today was stressful, as all appointments are. Ruby HATES going to the hospital and as soon as we pulled into the parking structure she started becoming upset. It's funny that she's fine with parking in the 15 min lot outside because whenever we park there we are just running into the pharmacy to pick up meds. She clearly knows that parking structure=appointments=her personal space being violated. Nothing invasive had to happen today, thank goodness, but Ruby still screamed bloody murder every time a nurse/doctor came within 2 feet of her. Poor kiddo...looks like diaper changes are going to be hard for a while. She always regresses after a visit to the docs and won't let me change her without being terrified I'm going to hurt her. So sad :(

BUT the appointment itself brought good news so I will try to focus on that! Ruby no longer needs captopril! How awesome is that! Captopril is, by far, her most annoying med because we have to administer it 3 times a day. This will mean Ruby only needs 2 meds every morning. Truly a wonderful development :) Ruby will need an ECHO in 4 months and we will find out more about her heart function then, but for now...it's all good. Another good development is that Ruby gained some more weight! She is well over 21 lbs. This is actually a pretty big gain over the last 2 weeks so perhaps GI will tell us to feed her a bit less. I would welcome that because it would mean she might be able to come off of the feeding pump quicker. But that's all conjecture at this point so we shall see...

See? I promised you a happier post and I delivered. Yay me :) Also, sorry for the lack of pics but I can't pull them off of facebook to put on here because my computer has no space! I'm sure there is an easier way to do it but I'm too lazy to figure it out. Most of you are friends with me on FB anyways so you can always go to my page and check out how cute Ruby is there ;)

1 comment:

  1. Weight gain and a dropped medication? AWESOME! Sooo happy about this!!! Way to go, Ruby! xo

    ReplyDelete