Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Shoes

I don't want to write too much tonight. But I just wanted to say that in the midst of all these sickies that have been claiming our household, I find so much joy in raising Ruby. She has started to walk!!! Check out the video on Dan's FB page. Today my sister and I took the babies to the mall to get Ruby her first pair of "real" shoes. As we walked out of the store Casey kept smiling at me. I asked, "What?" And she said, "You're just beaming!" And I was! I can't help myself! I am just so immensely proud of her! And somehow buying new shoes made her walking feel more official. ;)

Walking opens up a whole new world for her. And the wonderful thing is that she KNOWS it! She is so happy and proud of herself as she toddles across the floor. So much frustration that she was carrying with her has been lifted away and I can tell that she feels free. It is absolutely magical! She is such a miracle. Such an amazing gift. I am so madly in love with her.

Who needs pants when you have awesome new shoes!?

To all of you whose children do walk and have no special needs, remember to hold these milestones in reverence. They do not come so easily for everyone and are such precious moments. Be proud of every new thing your child learns and never take anything for granted. I know I don't!

1 comment: